There’s so much I am thankful for this year. Despite the many downsides, the heartbreaks and the pain, there is still so many blessings that it’s hard to pick just one. I’ve written down my top five “Thank you” moments for 2011.
1. My niece Cassie. Sometime this year, my brother surprised us with the news that his girlfriend was pregnant. We received it with much joy, as it had been a while since we had a baby in the family. On August 26, 2011, my niece Olivia Cassidy was born. Just seeing her makes my day brighter, and I am thankful for her. I am also grateful that her mom Cindy didn’t have any complications throughout her pregnancy, and was quick to recover after giving birth. I find my brother to be such a hands-on dad, and he’s good at it too.
2. The fact that despite the financial hardship, I’m still able to make ends meet and even have some left for fun and indulgences.
3. The travel opportunities this year with my friends and my family.
4. I’ll be out of work by January next year, but even though it’s a sad situation, I feel like it’s brought about a few good things: I interact a little more with my co-workers, I have time to pursue things that I want, and I’m ready to explore my creativity again.
5. The fact that I have new toys to play with is a big blessing.
Truthfully, that’s only the tip of my iceberg of “things to be thankful for”. And I’m thankful that I’ve got a lot to be grateful for. God bless!
This is my entry for the Avalon.ph Moleskine Weekly Diary/Planner 2012 Giveaway!